Most definitely it’s the size. It’s BIG. Built with an interesting array of materials. Lightweight frame stretched with fabric. Down to the smallest detail a replica of the original, which was actually only 5.7m long (less than 19 ft.) to begin with. Built by the thousands during the Great War, in many colors and configurations.
The allied counterpart of the Fokker Dr-1 and DVII, Sopwith Camels were responsible for shooting down around 1,300 planes during WWI. In the hands of experienced pilots they were good for close combat. The Sopwith Camel and the Sopwith Pup were famous and popular planes, their exploits and successes good for filling newspapers and magazines of the day.
An oversized model of an oversized craft. See its details: engine pods, bridge, windows, markings, taut fabric stretched over frame.
Sopwith Camel Details:
- Delicate silk cloth fabric stretched over a lightweight wood frame
- Detailed wing rigging comes pre-assembled Leather Seat
- Laminated rotating wood propeller
- Detailed engine cover - riveted parts and struts
- Hand fitted spoke wheels
- Hand made, hand finished.
- Colours - yellow, red, white, blue, silver and black
- Materials are wood, cloth and metal
- Designed to be hung from the ceiling
- Size Inches 58.50 inch wingspan, 39.75 inches long, 17.75 inches tall. This is a VERY LARGE Sized Model
For International orders free shipping is not avaiable, but we do offer reduced shipping, please contact us for details.
Please note this item ships Fed Ex Oversize. The Shipping weight reflects the size and weight of the package, not the actual weight of the item.