Captain Henry Pringle was one of two volunteer officers from the 27th Regiment of foot, who accompanied the Rangers on the snowshoes scout. He was to survive the battle and his journals provide a vivid account of his retreat and capture.
In the general confusion of the retreat Captain Pringle was left behind, he managed to avoid capture but became lost for six days in the wilderness, before surrendering to the French at Fort Carillon.
Pringle was later to reach the rank of Major-General in the British army.
Ensign Andrew Ross, was a Scottish volunteer from the 42nd Black Watch Regiment. He had been recommended to Rogers in January 10th 1758 for the rank of Ensign in a new company of Rangers, which was commanded by William Stark.
During the march northwards, it was reported that Ross led a flank guard covering the west flank of the main party. He was to die during the battle on Snowshoes.
Special Club Sets can only be pre-ordered by Club Members only. Not a Club Member Join Now!
- The Pre-Order Period Ends September 1, 2010.
- There is a minimum production target. If the minimum Production target is not achieved the item will not be produced.
- At the end of the Pre-Order Period, If the pre-order totals exceed the minimum production target. The item will be produced.
- The number of pre-orders received in this time will be the Limited Edition of that special Club set.
- Production of the special club set may take 30-90 days.
- Free shipping on this figure is only available if shipped with other John Jenkins sets, otherwise actual shipping costs will be charged
Pre-orders will finish on September 1, 2010. After this period this set will no longer be available.