jjDESIGNS 10th ANNIVERSARY
For JULY we continue the 10th Anniversary celebrations, with two more sets from the Jacobite Rebellion series.
These sets will only be offered for sale to dealers until the end of AUGUST, or until stock runs out.
- EECBS-001 — 10th ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL, BOOSTER/STARTER SET #1 FRENCH ECOSSAIE
- EECBS-002 — 10th ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL, BOOSTER/STARTER SET #2 FRENCH ECOSSAIE
Nine new French Ecossaie figures will be part of the Chicago Treasure Hunt in September. Here are four of the Nine new figures.
Knights of the
The WW1 German lozenge patterns are some of the most interesting and distinctive camouflage schemes ever devised.
This O.A.W. built Albatros flown by Ltn. FRANZ RAY, was painted all black apart from the fin and rudder. The tailplane’s surfaces were black with two white stripes.
The wings were covered in five colour lozenge fabric.
During the early stages of the Great War, the Germans were looking for a way to effectively camouflage the aircraft of the Luftstreitkräfte to inhibit enemy observation of the aircraft while it was in the air as well as when at rest on the ground. Large, irregular blotches with two or three colors were used on the upper surfaces of the wing which led to the development of the Buntfarbenanstrich, the lozenge camouflage made up of repeating patterns of irregularly shaped four-, five- or six-sided polygons. Because painting such a pattern was very time consuming, and the paint added considerably to the weight of the aircraft, the patterns were printed on fabric, and the fabric was then used to cover the aircraft. This printed fabric was used in various forms and colors from late 1916 until the end of the war.
Lozenge camouflage was a German military camouflage scheme in the form of patterned cloth or painted designs, used by some aircraft in the last two years of World War I.
It takes its name from the repeated polygon shapes incorporated in the designs, many of which resembled lozenges.
In Germany it was called Buntfarbenaufdruck (multi-colored print) but this designation includes other camouflage designs such as Splittermuster and Leibermuster, and does not include hand-painted camouflage.
Some modern German sources refer to lozenge camouflage as Lozenge-Tarnung, as tarnung means concealment, cloaking or camouflage.
War of the Roses
Henry recruited several experienced veterans on whom he could rely for military advice and the command of his armies, most notably John de Vere, 13th Earl of Oxford, who was Henry’s principal military commander.
Henry Tudor decided to commit most of his small force into one single large division or “battle” and place it under the command of the Earl of Oxford.
- OXLANC-001 — The Retinue of John De Vere, 13th Earl of Oxford, John De Vere 13th Earl of Oxford
- OXLANC-003 — The Retinue of John De Vere, 13th Earl of Oxford, Knight with Banner
- OXLANC-016 — The Retinue of John De Vere, 13th Earl of Oxford, Lancastrian Archers
- OXLANC-017 — The Retinue of John De Vere, 13th Earl of Oxford, Lancastrian Archer
Battle of Monongahela
The first range produced by jjDesigns was The Battle on the Monongahela Series. This mainly consisted of the “luckless,” 44th Regiment of Foot.
The other British Line Regiment at Monongahela was the 48th Regiment of Foot.
The regiment was first raised in 1741 as James Cholmondeley’s Regiment of Foot in Norwich, England during the War of Austrian Succession.
The regiment first saw action at the Battles of Falkirk and Culloden in 1745-1746.
In 1748, it was renumbered as the 48th Regiment of Foot. The 48th took part in the French and Indian War, being part of General Edward Braddock’s ill-fated expedition of 1755.
They received their first battle honour in the Americas at the Battle of Louisburg, although the Regiment did not receive their due honour for this until 1882. The 48th was also part of General James Wolfe’s force at the capture of Quebec in 1759.
As a special 10th Anniversary Release, the 48th Regiment of Foot figures released in 2016, will be available at the original 2006 prices!
Provincial Regiments 1759
From 1855 what are now known as The Royal Marines, were labeled The Royal Marine Light Infantry. They were to mainly be used in a skirmishing capacity in front of infantry. They were issued gray wool coats and trousers. The foreign service helmets were not stained, but kept white in keeping with the pristine Marine turnout.
The marines were in Gen. Graham’s square at El Teb. At Tamai in 1884 they formed the rear wall of Maj. Davis’s 2nd Brigade square. When the wild Hadenodoa warriors flooded into the square through the gap left by the Black Watch. The rear rank of the marines were compelled to turnabout and fight in both directions. At this time the Marines acted as a breakwater to steady elements of the York and Lancaster Regiment, and the Black Watch as they recovered to retrieve the situation.
The Marines were to take part in most of the major actions throughout the Sudan Campaigns.
WWI – British
- GWB-045 — Royal Garrison Artillery, Artillery Crew Standing
- GWB-048 — Royal Garrison Artillery, Artillery Crew, and Accessories
- GWB-059 — Royal Garrison Artillery, Artillery Crew